[Course Overview] [Course Calendar] [Course Sign Up] [Equipment List] [Sample Agenda] [Articles]
Advanced Open Water Diver - $209
Sign Up Today & Reach New Depths
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences...
...that is what the Academy of Scuba’s Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. If you are Open Water Diver certified, now is the time to extend your knowledge, skills, and experience. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your Scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your Academy of Scuba instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun Scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five Adventure Dives that introduce you to: (1) Underwater Navigation and (2) Deep Diving. Plus, you choose a sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice. One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, night diving, diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy, and much more.
To take the Advanced Open Water Diver course, you must be: An Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization) and 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver).
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Mindset of an Advanced Diver
- Advanced Diver qualities, characteristics, traits, and practices
- Equipment considerations and configurations
- Dive Planning / Dive Management
- Simple Gas Management
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper Scuba diving
- Setting up for a deep dive
- Basic Underwater Compass Use
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks, and time
- How to better use your dive computer and decompression tables
- Basic buoyancy theory
- Dive planning for limited visibility and/or night diving
- More about underwater communication and buddy/team diving techniques
- Dive leadership skills
- Introduction to new levels of diving
Lastly, as a part of your Advanced Diver Course, we will work with you on developing a “100th Dive Plan” to assist in developing your skill set to become a great diver.
Course Cost: $209, eLearning: $134, Print Manual: $49.35
Click Here to Sign Up Today!
Check out the Advanced
Open Water Course Brochure!
Click Here to Download